I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Burgers vs Salads


Here we are, smack in the middle of the March Salad Challenge: Team Tummies Aren't Trashcans (YAY TEAM!) and the Boyfriend has decided he would like to start "experimenting" with grilling burgers. Make no mistake, I'm not entirely disheartened by this news. Contrary to what you may think, I actually enjoy a really good, juicy burger straight off the grill. It is one of my favorites. I only eat about three a year. It makes total sense to me. If I let myself enjoy them with abandon I would eat them 3-4 days a week, and about half that time they would only be half-way decent. So, I wait and search for the perfect place and time and then I have a really good one, and I don't feel guilty.

So I'm gonna get excited about this New Culinary Adventure.* Why not?

So here is my question? What actually constitutes a "burger"? Is it always beef between a bun? Just type in "burger" in www.epicurious.com, and you get an onslaught of recipes featuring black beans, salmon, chicken, turkey, lamb.... Is that also a "burger"?

To be honest, I'm completely ambivalent about this. I really don't care, as long as it is good. The Boyfriend (surprise) most definitely has opinion** about this.He is a purist. He thinks it should ONLY BE BEEF (just ask him about his thoughts on chili and asymmetrical dresses).

So what do you think? Do you ever get a hankering for a turkey burger? Or do you  pale in shock of such Burger Blasphemy? What about toppings and bun choice? Is your ketchup fancy? Let me know! I'm curious and in search for the perfect Burger Recipe!

* For real, I love it when the BF wants to grill. He's really good at it. Anything else he does in the kitchen, and it's like watching a little girl play with mommy's makeup. Don't tell him I said that.

**Do you know who else has an opinion? Jimmy Buffet:




No comments:

Post a Comment