I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Two Movies, Two Soups and a Stack of Laundry

So I have had the best weekend ever. Part of my weekend involved watching two Very Funny Movies that I have never heard of: Your Sister's Sister and Lola Versus. I won't bother with a synopsis, that's why IMDB exists. But basically, they are rom-coms that did not suck. You should watch them.

Your Sister's Sister has Emily Blunt, Rosemarie Dewitt and Mark Duplass (who I have never heard of before, but now I want to watch every movie he's in). They are all awesome. Netflix it.




Lola Versus has some chick named Greta Gerwig and was written by a very funny lady named Zoe Lister Jones. It is kinda hipster-ish, but not painful like Girls. Netflix this one, too.





Okay, then I made Two Soups!!!
The first one is a Portuguese Spinach and Sausage soup. Well, it's my riff on Portuguese Spinach and Sausage soup. The traditional recipe includes Chorizo and Potatoes, I subbed hickory smoked sausage and brown rice.





Doesn't that look delicious****!?!?! Funny thing about this soup: For some reason, I spent a good chunk of Friday morning googling recipes for Spinach soup. The Boyfriend came home that night and said, "You know, I helped a lady pick out wine for a Portuguese spinach and Sausage soup today ". Whammo. That's the Universe telling me to make soup. Here's the recipe I found as my inspiration for Caldo Verde.


And I made a lovely Cream of Spinach soup (I had a mother lode of spinach at home).
Here's the basic recipe: I sauteed one onion and two cloves of garlic in olive oil until translucent. I then added a ton of spinach, about 1 cup of dry white wine, salt, pepper, and 1 container of chicken stock. I let simmer until spinach wilted and then I blended it with my immersion blender. I then added a bay leaf and milk and about 1 cup of sour cream, and then let simmer for another hour on low. And because he can sense when I try to make a low-fat/reduced calorie/Weight Watchers version of something, I added some butter for the Boyfriend.

And the pile of laundry, you ask? I'll tell you a secret. I really enjoy doing laundry. My favorite part is ironing. I love love LOVE to iron. So, on Saturday, while my soups were simmering and my movies were playing I binged on a basket full of the Boyfriend's shirts. It was heavenly.***

***Please do not tell him that I love to iron his shirts. He thinks I am doing him a huge favor and that it is somehow a terrible wifely chore. I'm gonna milk that for as long as I can.

****This is how I feel about all soups.


 

1 comment:

  1. The sausage soup sounds really good. Also PS I think boyfriend reads your blog so he might have figured out you like to iron. :)

    ReplyDelete