I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm Just Assuming People Have The Winter Blahs....

... and that's why they be acting like fools. There was a little too much nonsense and things that made me go "hmm" this week, and it's just Thursday.

I'm assuming it is because of the weather, but honestly, this is Alabama. It has been Spring-ish since Feb.1, and we can always get some freak ice storm in April.

We do have 28 days of Winter left (according to the all-knowing Groundhog). And that's okay! because we are going to make the best of it! I have compiled a list of happiness for you.

Here are some wonderful things I love about winter:

1. Soup:

2. Cozy Clothes

Like this cashmere wrap from Portolano (sold out on Bluefly). Can find similar here at Last Call: Nieman Marcus. (I may actually commit a whole post to Portolano Cashmere because it is beautiful and looks like it would feel like buttah).


3. Snuggling

4. White Wine and Oysters.




I suggest this lovely Sancerre from the Loire Valley if you want to spend around $25 bucks. It is called Delaporte. It is best buddies with oysters. If you don't like this wine, it's because you are sick with a cold or something and can't smell or taste properly.

If you want to spend around $12, try this little Muscadet from France as well. It is made from Melon de Bourgogne, which is French for "Drink me with Oysters". This is from a winery called Chateau Ragotiere.



(By the way, if you like to eat oysters, we are automatically Friends + 4 + EVA.  And the best place to sit and enjoy oysters in Birmingham, Alabama is at Satterfield's. Love love.)

5. I get to go to New Orleans every Winter after the Holidays. It is my favorite. This year we visited my friend Darling Jeff who works at SoBou. They have a drink there that I can't remember the name of (surprise) but you get a pair of sunglasses with it. They are awesome!!! So is the food. Go there, ask for Darling Jeff. He set you up real good.

6. Boyfriend makes Chili!!!!!! YAYSIES!!!

7. It is the start of awards season. Golden Globes, SAG awards, Grammys, the Oscars!!!! So much judging of fashion! I recommend following all of this on Tom and Lorenzo. They are Fabulous and Opinionated.

8. And my most favorite thing about the changing of seasons is that everything from the season before goes on sale. And it all goes on sale before it really even needs to go on sale. So you can buy brand new boots and coats NOW and probably still get to wear them! See! Spruce up your wardrobe. Buy your Christmas cards for next year. Invest in wintry smelling candles. Buy an OUTDOOR FIREPLACE. All for CHEAP. BECAUSE STUFF GOES ON SALE BECAUSE WE ARE A NATION OF RAVENOUS CONSUMERS.

So, there are a few things that can help get you out of your Winter Slump. Winter and its dark, cold, bleakness happens. It's supposed to happen, if the world is to operate in the fashion in which it was created. Now smile and be nice!

****The Boyfriend's favorite thing about Winter is Spring Training and something about Pitchers and Catchers, but that sounds dirty and I don't get it.****

No comments:

Post a Comment