I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Sunday, February 3, 2013



Hi!
I’m embarrassed to say it but I’ll do it anyway: “I’m back! Hey y’all!”  I’m embarrassed on a couple of levels: I’ve been absent, I’ve not been consistent (the true death of a blogger, I’m learning, is inconsistent postings), I don’t post pretty pictures of what I wear/eat/drink/visit…But sometimes I’m embarrassed because I don’t think y’all truly care about what I have to say, and why would you, really?
However, my dear friend AEP did a very scientific, thorough, controlled poll on Facebook and at least EIGHTEEN (+/-) of you seemed to give a vague indication that you are indeed curious as to what goes on in my head these days.
I’ll try to write something fun and/or informative I will! Truth be told, part of the reason I fizzled was because of writer’s block. Nothing was really piqueing my interest. I have no fashion conquests, no new house to renovate, no new craft project, etc. I’m done with oxblood, and almost done with Pantone’s new color for Spring and it’s not even Spring yet (if you don’t know Pantone’s new color, FOR SHAME). Everyone’s taking pictures of their food like they ain’t never seen jalapeno mac’ n cheese before. Everyone is drinking Bordeaux now (see: last post). What is new and fresh these days? I turned 35…is there no new and fresh?????
So, I challenge all of you to help me out! If there is something you want my two cents on, let me know. Books?  Recipes? Television shows?  Do you want my true feelings regarding large, Buddy Holly-style glasses on anyone over the age of 30 (love them, for the record. LOVE THEM.)?  Speaking of, when does the age of Hipster actually turn into not-a –Hipster? Do you want my opinions on that? (Yeah, I don’t feel qualified to answer that…which means I’m too old to be a Hipster…so…32?)
Or, perhaps we can play games! Guess Kimye’s baby’s name! An over/under as to how long it takes Lena Dunham to fall into the pressures of Hollywood and join Weight Watchers! Pantone’s color for Fall 2013!
So, Happy New 2013 everyone! Hopefully we can have some New Fun to go with the New Year. Or we can just start drinking now. I’m officially almost done with my first martini.
PS: If you clicked “like” on AEP’s Facebook post, “If at least 10 likes the post, maybe Gia Bivens will be update her post again”, and we have not actually met, God Bless You. You are in my head for life, and I am in yours.

1 comment: