I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

I'm going to spend today telling about a few things I love right now. (other than the obvious: Spanky and Boyfriend)

But today, some other obsessions are keeping me happy, too!

Like my brand new Skull Sweater I bought in New Orleans at my new favorite store called Hemline.
They have stores all over the Southeast (two in NOLA: in the French Quarter and on Magazine).
I loooooove this sweater. And it was a total impulse purchase, I spotted it from about 50 yards away, stormed into Hemline, and the shop girl was like, "Yeah, I know what you want. They're folded over there." and then pointed to a stack of folded skull sweaters. Get you one. Go to Hemline.

This is called the Rhythmic Skull Sweater.







Also, I love my new glasses:


They are Raybans and they are AWESOME. Also a impulse purchase.
Well there's nothing "impulsive" about getting glasses, especially for me because a 15 year old cat with glaucoma has better vision than I do. But these frames were certainly impulsive. One lady at the eye doctor was like, "Yes! Get them!" and the other lady would not even make eye contact with me, so I did what EVERYONE should do and called my cousin Weldon, who is honest to the point of "ouch, flinching, that hurts" and she said "only you can pull those off" and I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not, but I bought them anyway.

And I LOOOVE this wine:




It is a wonderful Pinot Noir from Mongeard-Mugneret, a fantastic burgundy producer. It is a mouthful to say, I know. Those Frenchies love extra letters in their words (but so do English speakers: "bomb", am I right?), but say it like this : "Mon-yeered Moon-yer-way". I'm not sure if that is right, but who cares. You go buy it and drink it and call it whatever the hell you want. This wine is SO good no one cares what your French sounds like. I recommend it with salmon, and/or mushrooms.

Also on my love list: The Walking Dead is back (holla!) and so is Smash (don't judge me) and Justified (if you are not watching it, I'm totally judging YOU), my nephew Max, anything Russian themed, my friends and loved ones being happy in happy (-ier) situations, and mirrors (for decorating, stay tuned).


No comments:

Post a Comment