I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Hello my name is Gia and I drink Chardonnay...

...and you should drink Chardonnay, too.
In fact you should drink this one:



It is Hamilton Russell Chardonnay, from South Africa. It is considered a benchmark for Old World Wines in New World Winemaking, which is a fancee term for "this stuff is SHOCKINGLY good for my ill-informed, over-educated wine opinions".

Don't believe me? Here is what the Wine Spectator has to say about it:

"Bold, boasting lots of grilled hazelnut, fig and pear tartine aromas and flavors, but fresh minerality drives through on the finish, adding length and definition and bringing you back for more. 4,277 cases made. "

If you are patient, this wine will reward you by aging beautifully for a few more years. But if you MUST drink it now, then good for you, text me your address and I'll be right over. It goes really well with Zaxby's Fried Chicken Tenders, nix the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment