I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Something Borrowed vs Jane Eyre 2011

The movies, not the books, although I read the book by Emily Griffin (in about 3 days, nonetheless). I think, that it is possible, at some point, that I may have read the Cliff Notes of Jane Eyre...? Maybe.....?

Anyhoo, I have a head cold and therefore have ZERO energy, which is depressing because the weather is absolutely beautiful and Mr. Spanky Doodle Dandy keeps looking out the window at all of the other dogs walking in the neighborhood, and then back at me with this really sad look. It's killing me.

So, I am fortified on the couch with my cell phone, lots of tea and Goldfish crackers, some Kleenex and the ability only to press the "Guide" button on the remote. I discovered two very different "Star Crossed Lovers" movies. Fun. Let's discuss.

Movie ONE: Something Borrowed.

Pros: Easy plot. The Hamptons, NYC looks lovely in the summer. It has Jim from The Office, too and he is always funny. Colin Eggle-whatever is pretty to look at, in a soap opera star kinda way. Leaves a wide-open ending for the sequel: Something Blue (which I also read in 3 days).Good jewelry (shout out to Shalla Wista designs)
Cons: Why are we pretending the Ginnifer Goodwin is "homely" and that Kate Hudson is such a bomb shell? If I were Ginny Goodwin, I would be hella pissed off. She is very pretty and has great bone structure. Is it because she is a brunette and Kate Hudson is a blond? I have been pissed off at K.H. ever since she started wearing Uggs with shorts.
Why did we ever think this look was acceptable? Whatever.


This movie has zero intellectual value. I think I became dumber watching this movie. The mandatory "Dance Around the Apartment in our PJs to Fun Music Scene" was lame.

Movie TWO: Jane Eyre 2011

Pros: Michael Fassbender. Mia Walilk-whatever does good job of being homely. Much, much better than that cutie-pie Miss Goodwin. Michael Fassbender. Jane is a good glimpse into early feminism. Michael Fassbender with a beard (although Boyfriend's beard is way hotter). Was NOT expecting the lady trapped in the closet, so apparently I did NOT read this book.

Cons: The dreariness of these effing castles and orphanges and rain drizzles is making my feet colder. The general costume and decor of this time period in England SUCKS. What time period was this, anyway?

The Verdict: I really don't have an opinion. They both distracted me enough, but not enough to forget I would rather be outside today than watching these movies. Which I will do as soon as I log off this computer, turn off the TV and snort some crushed up cold pills like a meth addict.

1 comment:

  1. Jane Eyre was indeed depressingly filmed. I made poor Tom watch it with me and it was dreadful. The original was much better. But the best part -- your comments about Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin. You are so right! Kate Hudson is creepy in a "I am so, so cool" sort of way. Mean girls. Go, Gia. I am late reading this, so think you must be better:)

    ReplyDelete