I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer is Almost Here...Unless You Live in The South...



.....then you know that it summer early-May through mid-October....

But I will enjoy the anticipation of Summer, because Memorial Day is coming, and I consider that the Kick-Off of Summer (I think a lot of people do) and I want to tell you about all of the things I'm excited about this summer! Please be Enthusiastic With Me, because I will lose steam around mid-August and then I will do nothing but Whine, Complain and Bemoan about how much I want Summer to go the hell away so that I can wear Sweaters.

Until then, YAYSIES for Summer!


I plan on Drinking This Wine:

It is 2011 Halter Ranch Rose from Paso Robles, California. It is delicious.

And I plan on helping my sister get ready for this baby:


(Not the best quality video! Sorry! I'm a blogger, not Martin Scorsese.)


And I plan on swimming because I need to do something else with my exercise routine. And Dara Torres is my new fitness hero. Here's my new swimsuit!
  
Swimsuit from Speedo.

 And I plan on swimming in the morning, challenging myself even further because I have suddenly had issues getting my ass out of bed earlier than 6 am. But do you know what happens in the summer at Swimming Pools? They are overrun with Toddlers in Diapers. I learned this when I went to the Y last weekend and was out-splashed by a bunch of  4 year old Birthday Party Animals.

And I plan on making lots of Roasted Okra, my new favorite French Fry Substitute:
 This recipe is the bestest ever: NY Times Roasted Okra .


.....And Last but Not Least.....

I plan on getting my Summer-Time Brain Candy Fix with some True Blood, y'all. June Tenth, HBO. Christopher Meloni as a Vampire. Shut. Your. Mouth. (or a mosquito will fly in,  AND by the way, mosquitoes are gonna be hella horible this year thanks to the complete and utter lack of winter. That's what the Today show just said. Invest in OFF. I bought the family pack at Costco b/c Skeeters love me. I hate them with a passion.)



Oh wait, one more! I am thinking about making a switch from Blogspot to TumblR. Any opinions on this matter?

Okay! So these are some of my favorite things I am super excited about! What are you super excited about? Tell me! I wanna know!




1 comment:

  1. Keep Blogspot. I hate mosquitos. That is one thing I do not miss about the South. Ugh. Bitten constantly. Toddlers i diapers are adorable to some of us, though ours doesn't wear diapers any more. Last, love the swimming idea - planning on doing some myself. You will be more successful than I.

    ReplyDelete