I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Dollar make me Holla', or, I am Really into the Color Green


I really wanted to talk to you about my favorite color this past weekend, green, but I thought if I just titled this post "I like Green", y'all would ignore it so I decided to talk like a stripper instead.
Anywhos, here are my favorite green things from this weekend.

Starting with these fantastic eggs!

I have an egg-man now. His name is Chris* and he has a chicken coop in his backyard, complete with a breed of chickens that make these beautiful pastel green eggs. The yolks are yellow, not green and they make the best scrambled eggs. They do not come with ham. The name of the breed is the Auracana chicken.




In my head, this is what the Auracana chicken looks like:



In reality, the Auracana chicken looks like this:



Friday night, Boyfriend and I had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Satterfield's, and Chef Haller Magee had one of these crazy outer space Romanesco Cauliflower thingys hanging out in the kitchen. I actually took a picture of an alien walking out from behind one of these, but it didn't show up on my camera. For Realz, y'all. An Alien.



And my favorite green thing. See this dress? It is a lovely green that caught my eye as I was walking out of a little boutique here in Birmingham called Leah's. You can't see the price tag, which is a shame because it was normally $158 and I got it on sale for $10. It is an ABS Schwartz. If you see me in this dress, you will not hurt my feelings by mentioning that it only cost $10.

Not in this picture? My dog cowering in fear in the corner because he is suddenly terrified of the dress form. Super funny.


* If you want info on the eggs, let me know. They really are delicious.

3 comments:

  1. i need an egg guy too! will you share? we can make beautiful souffles for snd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aliens show up on film, it's vampires that don't show up. Besides I think that first "green chicken" was probably the alien!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress form would be more terrifying in a clown suit. Halloween idea?

    ReplyDelete