I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Watch"-a doin'?

I went on a "Shopping Fast" in December.
Well, I bought Christmas presents, but I did not buy anything for myself!
You have no idea how difficult this is for me. Say, I buy my sister a scarf, and I really like it, and oh and look! they have it in another color, and it's 20% off if I buy two, so this is God telling me to buy this scarf, obviously! All in the spirit of giving!

But I refrained, completely*.

Until January First 2012, and then I made my very first Ideeli purchase.

This lovely Akribos men's Coronis Chronograph watch in Rose Gold.







And it came in this lovely box, with papers! Like a purebred puppy or an Hermes Birkin!
It was only $87 with tax and shipping! Regularly $625!!!!
Patience has its virtues, I tell ya.


* Full disclosure, I started having super insane shopping withdrawals around December 30th so I went to TJMaxx ('cuz you get Max for the Minimum there) and picked up a lovely taupe colored cashmere Cynthia Rowley sweater because I wanted, no needed, to buy something, but it didn't fit, the color washed me out, etc. So I took it back. But wait, there's more!
It was the same price as the watch, so the watch won.



3 comments: