I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Monday, January 2, 2012

HAHA New Year's Resolutions WHAT?

Here is a short run-down of my New Year's Resolutions:
Eat better, drink less booze, eat less meat, eat less cheese, eat fewer carbs, eat more greens, lose 5 pounds by February....snoooze.....boring....blahh....
They may even sound familiar, because you created these same "New Year, New Me!" guidelines.

And so here is how I start my New Year's:
Campanelli alla Carbonara. With really good pancetta. And cheese. And a bottle of Argiolas Perdera from Sardinia. This is no Weight Watcher's Recipe.
There's parsley on it....does that count as a green...?



Very Basic Campanelli alla Carbonara Recipe:
Cook 4-5 slices of pancetta in large pan, when it gets kinda crispy, add a coarsely chopped shallot.
Start boiling heavily salted water (You want it taste like the Dead Sea. I am not kidding, it is an ancient pasta secret. A gazillion Sicilian women can't be wrong.)
In a separate bowl, whisk 3 large eggs with 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmesan Cheese, some salt and pepper.
Drain pasta (reserve a little of the liquid, you may need it thin out the dish at the end).
Dump pasta into frying pan with pancetta and shallots. On a medium heat, stir pasta and pancetta. When it is coated, add egg and cheese mixture. If neccesary, add some of the reserved pasta liquid to thin it out a bit.
Stir to coat and serve immediately with a sprinkle of parsley.
Make a salad if you feel like the parsley is too meager to save your soul.
Pour wine in glasses. Watch husband's eyes roll back into his head. Then announce, "Tomorrow, we are going on a kale/lemon/strawberry smoothie cleanse, dude."

2 comments:

  1. Just be careful not to add salmon to that carbonara (not really traditional i know). you might kill boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have a smoothie. I had a pizza with proscuitto... and a beer for dinner the next night. And it was good.

    ReplyDelete