I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Getting my MacGuyver on with Smoked Salmon

This is embarrassing. We went to the beach a month ago and I am just now blogging about this meal.


But here's the story: Went to the Fort Walton Beach with some friends. Were welcomed into Fort Walton Beach by a parade! They threw a parade because they heard I was coming! How awesome is that! (Yes, I know it was actually a Mardi Gras parade, but I'm gonna pretend it was for me, 'kay?)

Anywhoozies, the Boyfriend and Mr Cakes* were hungry! So we went in search of food, but the parade had traffic at a complete standstill, so I took control of the situation and made a pretty good,  last minute lunch. I'm excellent at improvising meals.


                                    Float from My Parade! ( Helen Back has good pizza!)




Here are the players:
Smoked Salmon
Rotini pasta
1 lemon
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup milk.
Grated Parmesan cheese
2 T capers
2 cloves of garlic
1 Strawberry Margarita, made with real strawberries and agave syrup (no mix for us!)

Step one: make Margarita. Drink it. Then you can start everything else:

  • Boil pasta in heavily salted water.
  • In separate saucepan, melt butter and milk over low heat. Add two whole cloves of garlic in milk.
  • Drain pasta, toss with milk and butter still set on simmer and add grated cheese and capers. Remove garlic cloves.
  • Flake the smoked salmon into the pasta. Squeeze lemon over the pasta
  • Eat it.
Salmon from Washington State from some dear friends who understand the Boyfriend's intense love of all things Salmon. I'm gonna change my name to Salmon so he'll love me more.






See, doesn't that look delicious! It was! I'm gonna make it again soon.

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

2 comments:

  1. My bet is that if you were to change you name to salmon, boyfriend may buy you even more Oregon pinot! worth the risk, do it!

    ReplyDelete