I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Singing AND Dancing on TV, And It's NOT Glee?

Sorry for the long wait between posts!  I have been so very busy! I am very popular, you know. People demand my attention.

Okay, I have to tell you a secret. It is important. But first you have to trust me, and forget about your high-brow TV preferences. There is no Downton Abbey or a group of survivors fighting their way out of the Zombie Apocalypse (Full disclosure, I have never watched a single episode of Downton Abbey, but I do know everything about The Walking Dead). In fact, it's a TV show about a play.
 You have to pretend that Broadway musicals are not just for old ladies and boys in high school show choir, and that,  you too, in fact,  know all of the words to "Defying Gravity".
And then you have to accept the fact that everyone in NYC has a bad-ass apartment that they pay for by back-up dancing in a workshop for a play based on Marilyn Monroe. How over-done is that subject matter, right?*
And finally, you have to pretend that you have no recollection of Katharine McPhee as an American Idol finalist, and if you do remember her, then you have to admit that she is a much better singer then the dude who won that year.
And then you must turn on your TV on Mondays on NBC and You. Must. Watch. Smash.


It is the best TV show in the history of Television ever, ever, ever times infinity. I love it. Just love it. But I have to watch it in hiding! When the commercials for it came on this winter, Boyfriend took one look at me hugging the TV, eyes glazed over and he said, "You know what, I'm gonna let that be your show that you watch on your own time, M'kay?"  What? I have no idea why he would not want to make Smash part of our weekly watch-together-date-night line-up. It's full of everything we like: Intrigue, mystery, shock, kicking, jazz hands, drama, etc...
So I made a deal with myself, and on weekends I watch Smash followed by E!'s Fashion Police while doing laundry and ironing. And I imagine that it is not too late for me to sign up for dancing classes and take my 34 year old ass up to Broadway and try to make it as a star! I think I can! It's possible! It is!

* What is NOT over-done is a musical about ZOMBIE Marilyn Monroe. How AWESOME would that be?

All opinions are my own, and I am not being reimbursed or sponsored in anyway by NBC, Smash or Katharine McPhee, with whom I would love to take a Jazzercise class!

3 comments:

  1. ... Brains... Arthur Miller's Brains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for a Downton Abbey, Walking Dead crossover. SHOOT THEM IN THE BRAINS, MAGGIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sponge Bob Square Grant and Boyfriend obviously did not grow up dreaming of being on Broadway like we did...I don't know if excessive alcohol would even get him to watch these shows.

    ReplyDelete