I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Big Night Dinner

So i know you have all been patiently awaiting for a post regarding "The Big Night" Dinner.
It was fun, I tell you that. My first Il Timpano was a success, and now that I have made it once, I can make it again fairly easily. I won't lie; I was very nervous and needed a drink and a Xanax afterwards. Hell, I needed a drink and a Xanax putting the whole thing together.
Much thanks to the BF. Could not have done it without his support, both emotionally (see comments regarding anti-depressants) and physically (that sucker weighed 30 pounds).


Me rolling out the dough. I had to move to the dining room table because I did not have enough space in the kitchen! This is a perfect excuse to build a new kitchen!
Lots of cheese, eggs, sausage, salami, meatballs, sauce......

Antipasta... Italian for "Pre-Party"

Slicing Il Timpano. My hands were shaking, for real. I felt like I was performing the coda in Black Swan. For real.


  
My guests honored Il Timpano with some bad-ass wines. That would be a Magnum of Barolo (Thanks to Uncle Ben!). And an Echezaux (Thanks to Uncle Tom!). Shut your mouth.
Cannolis!!!!! I made them myself!!!! (Shells were purchased)

Look how much fun everyone was having!

2 comments:

  1. Wait you had connoli and Il Timpano??? Wow....and even though you described the size that is just huge once you see it. Good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete