I hope you enjoy my blog. If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my blog! If not, lie to me and tell me you read it anyway.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Friends Are Awesome. Are Yours?


I am in a Sunday Night Dinner club and it is super exclusive. You have to be awesome to be in SND. How awesome? You have to be willing to accompany me to my first trip to the Olive Garden. My friends are the bestest ever ever because not only do they take me to the Olive Garden, they get dressed up in evening gowns, hats, kilts and tuxes.
Look, I took pictures:



"Holy Crap! This menu is so big! What should I have? Pasta? Pasta with cream sauce? Pasta with cheese sauce? What about Pasta with Meat Sauce? Is anyone gonna have the Pasta?"



K came all the way from 1992! At least her hair and dress did. Seriously, this dress was worn to Clinton's 1992 Inauguration. How cool is that?

The Silver Fox came all the way from his lounge act in Vegas, "The Silver Fox Does the Classics". He is there every Friday and Saturday night at the Bellagio. Sometime Cher joins him onstage. Miss Wales came all the way from Awesome-ville.

Also from Awesome-ville, Darling Jeff,  A.P. and Sweet Heather. A.P. came all the way from a gig at a strip joint. (It was a fundraiser at the Furnace, but for the Birmingham Aids Outreach, not strippers. She worked very hard on this fundraiser and it was a success!)

Zombie shoes, bread sticks and NEVER ENDING SALAD, WHAT, is this HEAVEN???!!???


If you ever need somewhere FUN to go, please got the Olive Garden. For real, Not get all
 "Marilyn Hagerty" on you, but it was fun and the service was awesome. Davida, our incredibly patient server (like, Mother Theresa-kind and good. she takes her job very seriously, y'all) recommend that  I have the "Stuffed Chicken Marsala "and sub Fettucine Alfredo for the Mashed Potatoes, but it is just way too close to swimsuit season to put cream on the carbs so I opted for the "Chicken Vino Bianco"


So my friends are awesome and I love them and they make my life better and I can't imagine a world without them. I'm a super lucky girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment